How do you choose a model car?
Choosing a model car is a complex task, as there are so many products on the market. Here's some information to help you choose one.
Criteria to consider when choosing a model car
What are the different types of model car?
There are lots of model cars on the market. Choosing between an RC car or a model car for assembly can be difficult. To choose the right model, it's important to know all the different types.
The selection can then be made more easily on the basis of passion. For someone with a passion for speed racing, you could choose, among other things:
● A modified racing car model ;
● A sports car model;
● A rally car model.
For fans of vintage items, a vintage car model is ideal. There are several manufacturers specialising in this field. For those who appreciate vehicles designed for the road, a model van or a model truck can do the trick.
What are the different manufacturers of model cars?
In addition to the types of model car, the choice of model car can be made on the basis of brand. Some are more reliable than others.
European model car manufacturers
There are several manufacturers of model cars in Europe. Here is a non-exhaustive list of the best known of them:
● Italeri has specialised in plastic model cars since the 1960s.
● Airfix, also specialising in plastic models, is a British company founded in 1939.
● Artesania, Zvezda and Disar Model are companies based in Spain, Russia and France respectively. They offer wooden models.
Asian model car manufacturers
In Asia, there are also many reliable model car manufacturers. These include Tamiya and Trumpeter. Tamiya is a Japanese company that makes plastic models of radio-controlled cars, sailboats and more.
It was founded in 1946. Trumpeter, on the other hand, is a Chinese company that manufactures plastic model kits and scale models of cars, aeroplanes, etc.
American model car manufacturers
In America, Revell is one of the best-known manufacturers, and with good reason: the company has been in existence since 1943. It began by producing model trains, before moving on to cars of all kinds and then buildings.
What are the most popular model cars?
Choosing popular models makes it easier to choose a model car. There are lots of them, and that narrows down the possibilities. For fans of small and powerful cars, there is no shortage of choice:
● Norev 185234 Renault Clio 16S model car ;
● Maisot 36055w miniature vehicle ;
● Tamiya 24116 Mazda RX-7 R1 model car;
● Greenlight Collectibles model Dodge Doms Charger ;
● Revell 7242 Shelby Mustang GT 350 model car; .
● Tamiya 24123 Toyota Supra model car.
4x4 enthusiasts can set their sights on the most popular model, the Revell 07047 Land Rover model car to build. Finally, the racing car models that are snapped up are :
● Tectake technic racing car ;
● Maisto Tamiya RC Ford Mustang GT4 58 664 ;
● Italeri model car truck Renault ReTurbo.