1000 pieces jigsaw puzzle : Tips and Tricks
Disney, Harry Potter or Star Wars, 1000-piece jigsaw puzzles offer a wide choice of themes to suit young and old alike.
What you need to know about 1000-piece jigsaw puzzles
Getting started with the right puzzle format
Puzzles are a fun and particularly rewarding activity. They improve the thinking process, developing concentration and patience. As puzzles are suitable for both children and adults, it's important to choose the right format for the age and level of the player. To get started with 1000-piece puzzles, it's important to know their different characteristics:
How big is a 1000-piece puzzle?
1000-piece jigsaw puzzles are attractive because of their varied patterns, which can be used to create a real masterpiece at the end of the game. They also impress with their size of around 50 x 70 cm. Note that the average size of a piece is around 1.9 x 1.7 cm.
How long does it take to complete a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle?
The time it takes to complete a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle depends on the skill level of the player, but also on the light and the different contrasts on the pieces. The average time is around 1 to 2 days.
Which brands of jigsaw puzzles come in the 1000-piece format?
Whether for adults or beginners, 1000-piece jigsaw puzzles are now available from a number of brands, including :
- Ravensburger: Ravensburger is a German company founded in 1883. It specialises in the manufacture and distribution of games and toys, including puzzles. It also owns several newly created or acquired brands such as Alea, F.X Schmid and Carlit.
- Clementoni: Clementoni helps children grow through educational toys and games. Its games are designed to develop children's logical and observational skills, as well as their creativity and imagination. These fun activities are also effective in improving their memory, auditory perception and knowledge and understanding of the world.
- Castorland : Castorland has been on the puzzle market for 20 years and offers a wide selection of puzzles for children and adults.
- Educa : Educa Borras was founded at the end of the 19th century in Spain. It is one of the country's most famous toy brands. Today, its products are published in over 75 countries worldwide.
- Nathan Jeux: Nathan is a French publisher of board games based in France. The company specialises in educational games, generally accessible from the age of 1. Its catalogue also includes learning materials that are both fun and enriching, such as puzzles.
- Djeco: Djeco is a French toy designer that has been on the market since 1954. The company was founded by Véronique Michel-Dalès and is based in Paris. The family business was taken over by her son Frédéric Michel-Dalès in 1989. Djeco specialises in wooden games such as puzzles, pull-along toys and card games.
What are the most popular puzzle themes?
The 1000-piece jigsaw puzzles are available in several themes, the most popular of which include :
- Landscape ;
- Harry Potter ;
- Marvel ;
- Animals such as cats, horses and dogs;
- Eiffel Tower ;
- Star Wars ;